Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Let Me Tell You About My Best Friend

Sometimes I get lonely here at school with studying and work I just get anti-social sometimes. I am always reminded that I am loved and cared about my best friend so I thought I should tell you about her.
Meet Katie. Katie was my suit-mate my first semester at Temple. Everyone knows how awkward it is your first year at school living with people so we didn't really talk to each other for a few weeks. Actually Katie didn't talk to anyone and we thought she was pregnant, but that's another story. After a while I posted that I was about to watch dancing with the stars and Katie walked into my room and said "YOU LIKE DANCING WITH THE STARS TOO?!" instant friendship. Not to mention we both have an obsession with this lovely man.
Mark Beautiful Piece of Man Ballas
We started hanging out a lot more and noticed we had almost everything in common. We both love Harry Potter and LIVE for Harry Potter weekend and she introduced me to the best show in the world..
the Chandler to my Joey
So how could I NOT cherish this person?! Temple was not the right school for Katie and she eventually moved back home and attended a college close to where she lived. We never stopped being friends and she came to visit very frequently 
After I transferred to Penn State, I was a lot closer to Katie (45 minutes to State College vs 3 hours to Philadelphia) Which is just great, Katie comes even more now and nothing has changed. 
We are still deep down those silly 18 year olds who met in college and bonded over Harry Potter and Cheez Its and cream cheese. 
I am writing this mostly because I've been so down the last few weeks and I have been talking with her and she sent me the most BEAUTIFUL flowers just because she's my best friend and I am just so speechless and thankful for such a wonderful friend.

I LOVE YA BITCH!

"I am a strong person but every now and then I also need someone to take my hand and say everything will be alright."





No comments:

Post a Comment